Whether you are a professional athlete or weekend warrior, your enjoyment of sports and other athletic activities can be diminished by a painful injury, often repetitive in nature. After the initial treatment of rest, ice/heat therapy, anti-inflammatory pain relievers and wrapping or compression, the injury still needs to heal properly to prevent a future occurrence. Studies show, chiropractic intervention often results in a significant reduction of muscle strain.
A sports injury that is ignored or left untreated can easily lead to other, more serious problems. Because sports injuries involve the body’s complex musculoskeletal system, a consultation with a chiropractor may be part of your medical treatment to help alleviate pain without drugs and to speed proper healing.
Some of the most prevalent sports injuries are as follows:
- ankle sprain
- knee injury
- shin splints
- stress fractures
- Achilles tendon damage
- joint dislocation
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow)
- Medial epicondylitis (golfers elbow)
- Shoulder injuries (Rotator cuff, sprains)
Active Health Protocol for a Sports Injury
In order to help an injured patient, the practitioners at Active Health may prescribe the following treatment methods:
- X-rays, physical examination and if necessary MRI to determine extent of the injury
- Chiropractic adjustments to improve function
- Massage to help ease pain and increase blood flow
- Acupuncture to help relieve acute pain
- Physical therapy to strengthen and help prevent future damage
- Nutritional consult to include dietary recommendations and dietary supplements to help the body reduce inflammation, remove scar tissue and to help strengthen injured tissues.
At Active Health, our integrated approach to treat sports injuries involves our entire team of holistic practitioners to help treat pain, repair and heal the injury and prevent future injuries. Call us today, most insurance accepted.