Acupuncture Near Me in Park Ridge
- Headaches and Migraines
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Tennis Elbow
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sprains & Contusions
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Asthma COPD
- Gastritis, Ulcers
- Crohn’s Disease
- Menstrual Cramp Relief
- Labor Pain Reduction
- Menopause Symptoms
- Dysmenorrhea, pelvic pain
When to Consider Using Acupuncture
Often Acupuncture is considered only after traditional medicine has failed. The effectiveness of certain medications decrease over time as the patient builds up a tolerance. Please consult your primary care physician before seeking any alternative treatment. You may consider Acupuncture if:
- Your condition is temporary or sporadic, and can not be alleviated by over the counter medications.
- You have psycological issues and cannot take certain medications.
- You have allergies or intolerance to prescribed treatment.
- Your disease or chronic illness worsens with stress, Acupuncture may be prescribed as part of a stress reduction regimen.
- You are having trouble conceiving.
What to Expect During Acupuncture Therapy
Dr. Panopoulos and Dr. Stasinos, at Active Health in Park Ridge, have developed a unique style of blending acupuncture, nutrition, herbal medicine, and chiropractic techniques to create each individual course of treatment for their patients.
- Acupuncture is often effective as a stand-alone therapy but may be combined with other treatment options to achieve a more effective result.
- A typical treatment involves the insertion of up to 20 needles as you relax, feeling little to no discomfort.
- As the needle begins to stimulate the meridian you may feel a mild aching sensation near the acupuncture point.
- The needles are removed after about 20 minutes and you will feel relaxed and refreshed.