Acupuncture Near Me in Park Ridge
Acupuncture near Niles, IL
- Headaches and Migraines
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Tennis Elbow
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sprains & Contusions
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Asthma COPD
- Gastritis, Ulcers
- Crohn’s Disease
- Menstrual Cramp Relief
- Labor Pain Reduction
- Menopause Symptoms
- Dysmenorrhea, pelvic pain
When to Consider Using Acupuncture
Often Acupuncture is considered only after traditional medicine has failed. The effectiveness of certain medications decrease over time as the patient builds up a tolerance. Please consult your primary care physician before seeking any alternative treatment. You may consider Acupuncture if:
- Your condition is temporary or sporadic, and can not be alleviated by over the counter medications.
- You have addiction issues and cannot take certain medications.
- You have allergies or intolerance to prescribed treatment.
- Your disease or chronic illness worsens with stress, Acupuncture may be prescribed as part of a stress reduction regimen.
- You are having trouble conceiving.
What to Expect During Acupuncture Therapy
Dr. Panopoulos and Dr. Stasinos, at Active Health in Park Ridge, have developed a unique style of blending acupuncture, nutrition, herbal medicine, and chiropractic techniques to create each individual course of treatment for their patients.
- Acupuncture is often effective as a stand-alone therapy but may be combined with other treatment options to achieve a more effective result.
- A typical treatment involves the insertion of up to 20 needles as you relax, feeling little to no discomfort.
- As the needle begins to stimulate the meridian you may feel a mild aching sensation near the acupuncture point.
- The needles are removed after about 20 minutes and you will feel relaxed and refreshed.
A medical practice originating in China that involved inserting the tips of needles in strategic sites on the body. It is thought to stimulate nerve impulses and has been in use for over 5,000 years. Currently considered an effective alternative treatment for certain kinds of pain. Recent studies suggest acupuncture can effectively treat a host of diseases.
A system for treating disorders of the body, especially those of the bones, muscles, and joints, by manipulating the vertebrae of the spine and related structures. Chiropractic therapy utilizes the recuperative powers of the body and the relationship between the musculoskeletal structures and the functions of the body, particularly of the spinal column and the nervous system to restore and maintain health. This technique was developed in 1899.
An approach to medicine that emphasizes treating the person as a whole, with special attention to the interconnections of the mind and body and of the systems within the body. Holistic medicine stresses the patient’s role in health care through such means as positive attitudes, sound diet, and regular exercise.