An estimated 30 to 45 million Americans are affected by Irritable Bowel Syndrome; it is one of the most frequent health complaints that we treat at Active Health.
Primary Symptoms of IBS
- abdominal pain and/or cramping
- bloating and gas
To understand how holistic treatment with acupuncture and nutritional guidance can help, we must first look at the causes.
- Gluten Intolerance
- Food Sensitivities or Allergies
- Chemical Sensitivities
- Candida and IBS
- Genetic Predisposition
Before beginning treatment, one of our holistic clinicians will do a thorough history and evaluation. Based on the doctors findings, further testing may be needed to include: allergy testing, blood testing for immune markers of the gut and gluten sensitivity, urine analysis of serotonin and dopamine*, and stool analysis can be done to identify parasites.
Once the cause has been identified the doctors will create a customized program based on your individual needs. These treatment methods may include:
- Acupuncture – helps control bowel spasms, stress and provides pain relief
- Nutritional Counseling – to remove the foods from the patient’s diet which irritate the gut
- Dietary Supplements, Homeopathic Remedies and Herbs, Pre and Probiotics, Pro yeast – helps reduce inflammation to improve digestive function
- Massage and biofeedback – helps reduce the stress and anxiety of associated with IBS
- Exercise – helps balance the neruo connection between the brain and gut and promotes proper colon function
Only a holistic wellness practice that includes acupuncture, nutritional counseling, customized nutritional supplements, herbal remedies, homeopathic remedies and other holistic methods can offer a complete approach to help resolve the pain and discomfort of IBS, give us a call today, 847-739-3120 and start feeling well tomorrow.
*Emerging science has shown a possible connection between Irritable Bowel Syndrome and two neuro markers tied to the brain and gut., serotonin and dopamine.