10 Steps for Men to Help Lose that Belly. Weight loss tips for men.
- Give your pancreas a break – Try eating 3 – 4 meals a day. Frequent eating results in a constant secretion of insulin. Eating healthy meals with adequate protein, healthy fats and complex carbohydrates will help your metabolism and balance your body’s ability to handle sugars.
- Eliminate sugary drinks. This could simply mean eliminating 3 sugary sodas or 3 beers.
- Shake it. Incorporate 20 minutes of cardio-vascular exercise 3 – 5 times a week. Use a monitor to make sure you reach 50% of it’s maximum level. This chart will help you determine your maximum level: http://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/heartrate.
- Lift it. Build muscle to burn calories and increase your metabolism. Incorporate strength training into your workout.
- Reduce Alcohol Intake – To eliminate fat quicker, stop drinking altogether. Once you have reached your goal weight limit your alcohol intake to 2 – 3 per week.
- Don’t overdo it. – Stick to eliminating 1 to 2 pounds per week for women and 2-4 pounds for men. Fat not only stores our excess food, it stores our excess waste and toxins. Losing weight at a slow pace gives the body the ability to breakdown toxins it could not handle the first time around. Stay away from fad diets. Take the guess-work out of your diet and try a medically supervised weight loss plan, like Ideal Protein.
- Drink Gallons of Water – Try to increase your water intake to at least 1 gallon per day. That’s 64 ounces or 5 – 6 bottles a day.
- Share your journey – Use your competitive nature to succeed in weight loss. Enlist a couple of buddies to share your weight loss journey. Add a reward for the winner.
Want more info? Join us for a free weight loss seminar, check our site for the next available date.