Leaves, Rain, And Snow May Be Falling, But Hopefully, You Aren’t!
Falls are a leading cause of injuries, sending more than two million people to the emergency department each year.
Check out this infographic to learn how you can prevent falls with these simple, every day tips! 👇
- Use Nonslip Mats to help improve traction in bathtubs or showers.
- Clear Your Path to remove any throw rugs,or other trip hazards like electrical cords.
- Install Grab Bars near showers, bathtubs,and toilets.
- Install Handrails along indoor and outdoor staircases where you need extra support.
- Keep The Lights On so there is adequate lighting inside and outside of your house to see where you are walking.
- Keep Items In Reach so you don’t have to rely on a step stool or ladder.
- Consider Exercise to build balance,flexibility, and strengthwith an exercise program.
- Check Vision & Hearing so you are aware of your surroundings when walking.
- Wear Shoes even when in the house to improve traction.